Saturday, April 14, 2012

Elegant Shadows

Her hair, like black silk, kept a life of its own. My fingers ran through it as my eyes tried to keep up. Her eyes were minimally moving, gawking in small circles, studying the mold skin had taken over my bones. My hands moved down to the sides of her face until my palms were hugging her cheeks. She was real. She was there. Pouring out affection without saying a word. She was so close that I could feel the vibrations of her beating heart next to mine. I closed my eyes, only for a moment, only to open them once more and realize she was gone. All communication, spoken and unspoken, left in the fringe of my mind. I was out of time. Sleep had done its job; resting my body and leaving me with nothing but the sweet memories of elegant shadows.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog